For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not of yourselves it is the gift of God, not of works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Monday, October 12, 2009

A time to be thankful

HAPPY THANSKGIVING
to all my Canadian readers


It's Thanksgiving here in Canada and time to have a big dinner. We are having friends over (7 people + our family). My hubby is cooking some lamb, ham, roasties and rice, and I am baking some bread and an apple pudding.

Iy is also, and primarily, time to be consciously thankful for God's goodness.

Our gracious Lord keeps looking after us and caring for us despite our constant disobedience.

Thank you Lord for :


  • Salvation

  • 2 healthy and happy boys

  • A great, caring, loving, hard-working and godly husband

  • The great improvement in my hubby's health

  • Many caring family and  friends

  • All the many little things of life that we take for granted (and that includes our little apartment, our car, the good food we eat on a daily basis, and the ever so changing weather that we often complain about).


I hope that all of you can find things to be thankful for on this day.

Have a great day,

2 comments:

UndertheGoldenAppleTree said...

I am behind on reading my blog comments. I don't mind at all if you link my post to your blog! I really thrilled by it! Did I tell you before that my daughter's middle name is Joelle? I love it! I'll be following your blog from now on..I really like it!

UndertheGoldenAppleTree said...

Hey...are you on Moms of Faith? I am! You can also find me on the newsletter under Richele's Views. I just saw the button now..sorry for double commenting. lol. In case, I am a total stranger to you..I am Ida Red (aka Richele)..lol..from www.underthegoldenappletree.blogspot.com.

Homeschool Copywork Membership Sign-Up
Write Through the Bible
Main business logo--medium
Subscribe