For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not of yourselves it is the gift of God, not of works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Friday, October 9, 2009

Weekly Wrap-up



We had a relatively good week this week. Again the basics were covered but somehow mom slacked on History and Science. I will try to cover these tomorrow, if the wind does not blow in a different direction (there is no Violin group tomorrow since it is Thanksgiving week-end here).

We had our week 2 at elective today, and that went well. I have been a bit nervous teaching the Grade 1-3 science group, but so far so good. I am certainly learning quite a bit myself . . . This week was on muscles and I made a model arm which was cool. I'll post how I made it on another post.

We had a nice playdate on Thursday. It had been a while. The kids really enjoyed that and had a great time. And mommy had a nice relaxing time and fellowship as well.

I am actually quite thankful that things have been going rather smoothly lately. I know it is a real blessing! Zach has been mostly cooperating in Math and in his violin practice (which are thing he tends to complain about), and it has been a great encouragement. I am learning to really tailor what needs to be done to how much he can handle. That is a real skill!

Even Joho has been doing reading and Handwriting with his dad, and it has been great! I have been able to sneak in some Math from time to time.


Here is Zach entitling his narration story without me asking him to do it (I was rather impressed by his initiative; keep in mind he does not like to write.)


There we are reviewing Math facts

Here is Johann doing doing his handwriting




For more Weekly Wrap-up make sure to check Kris' blog @ Weird Unsocialized Homeschooler.


Have a great day,

6 comments:

Cheryl@SomewhatCrunchy said...

It sounds like a great week, even with the slow science :) I have weeks like that too :)


I'll be back for the model arm, that sounds intriguing and I could probably use it in my General Science class!

Mackenzie said...

We're behind in science too. Maybe we'll tackle that this evening. LOL


Love the math facts pic. I love to snap shots like that too.

www.prncsstefy.blogspot.com said...

We're behind in science too. Maybe we'll tackle that this evening. LOL


Love the math facts pic. I love to snap shots like that too.

JnJAF99 said...

Glad to see that the boys were willing to do their work this week. Keep up the good job.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the tree house pictures. What a fun place to play and rest. The kids look like they worked hard, even if you didn't get to everything. Hope y'all have a blessed weekend.


Christi@reedpartyof6

Anonymous said...

Great week - and Happy Thanksgiving!


Sherry


http://educatingemme.blogspot.com/2009/10/weekly-wrap-up.html

Homeschool Copywork Membership Sign-Up
Write Through the Bible
Main business logo--medium
Subscribe