For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not of yourselves it is the gift of God, not of works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

An interresting way of building vocabulary

Who ever said that TV was not educational?

Here is a conversation that took place 2 days ago at the dinning table.
"Mom, what does amphibious mean?"
I could not quite understand what word he was asking me about. So Zach and Joho continued and said:
"It  means it goes on land and water.
So then my husband goes, "Amphibious!".
"Yeah!" go the kids.
Then we go on and explain what it meant.
So then I asked :"where did you hear that word?"
"Bob the builder," they answered.

I have mentioned before that they have been into Bob the Builder and construction. My living room is actually a construction site (fortunately made up of blocks and not real dirt and all). I am rather glad that their vocabulary is being expanded in the process (this is not the first word that they have asked about).

Have a great day, Joelle

No comments:

Homeschool Copywork Membership Sign-Up
Write Through the Bible
Main business logo--medium
Subscribe