Skip to main content

Feeling lazy

Today I am feeling rather lazy and tired. it may have to do with going to sleep past 11:00 o'clock on a regular basis maybe.

My mind has been running over time, cogitating on several things at the same time. I am working on the plan for the next school year, which I am planning on starting in August. I have been working on preparing a yearly lesson plan. I have divided the year (August to June in weeks  in which I am writing down what I am planning or hoping to cover for each subject (basically the chapter in whichever book we are using). I am also working on a resource book list to use for Science and Arts and Crafts. I am researching them and checking them out of the library to see what will use from it. I will be posting pictures of these once they are completed and ready to go.

We are also planning and hoping to take a trip down to Williamsburg, VA, so I have started to look into things to entertain the kids for that 12 hour drive. More to come on this in the next few weeks.

This week is DVBS at our church, so the week promises to be busy. I am on the worship team and registration team plus everything else in between (that's what you get when you are a minister's wife!). Love it, though!

So today, we are taking it easy at our house, enjoying each other and going through some pictures.

Have a great day, Joelle

Comments

Anonymous said…

Joelle,

Our family takes a 14 hour trip 2-3 times a year to see my parents so when your week is over and you are ready to think about that long trip, let me know and I will share some things we do with our kids.


I just prayed for you Joelle and your busy week and many things on your mind. May your mind stay fixed on Christ and His glory as things may get a little hectic. I prayed for a soft answer with your boys as you go through the days with much to do and on your mind, and the Lord would draw the children unto Him at your DVBS this week.


Love,

Christine

http://adventuresofasimplelife.blogspot.com/

Popular posts from this blog

Writing & Rhetoric - A Writing Curriculum Review and a Giveaway

Curriculum choosing and buying can be a very daunting task. So many subjects to cover, so many curriculum to browse though, and so many companies to consider. Today I would like to share with you a product and a company that I have come to hold in high regards. When it comes to teaching writing to the boys I was not sure which way to go, as I would not exactly consider myself a great writer. Then came along Writing and Rhetoric from Classical Academic Press. I heard about it when the second book in a series of twelve just released, and I was immediately intrigued. You see I homeschool classically, and writing is an integral part of it. Classical Academic Press puts out products geared towards classical homeschooling, so there you had  the first common ground. I was searching for something that would teach them what writing was, and guide them through the process incrementally, without bombarding them with pages and pages of writing right from the start. I found what...

Homeschooling - A Glimpse into How We Do it

2016 was a pretty skimpy blogging year for me. Ask me why, I am not sure I have an answer for you beside life happening and writing inspiration fading. With a new year upon us I will try to get back on the blogging scene and what best topic to start the year with than giving you a glimpse into what homeschooling looks like in our home with now two teenagers. In the past 4 years I have enjoyed participating in the Virtual Curriculum Fair hosted by Homechooling Hearts and Minds , so I am happy to start my year participating once more. For those who are not familiar with the Virtual Curiculum Fair, it is a month long series of posts, where over 20 homeschoolers share about their homeschool curriculum and how they homeschool. The weeks will go as follow: Week 1: See How We Learn/Welcome to the VCF Week 2: Playing with Words Week 3: Discovering Patterns Week 4: Exploring Our World Week 5: Seeking Beauty So how do we learn here? this is the topic of this ...

Homeschooling site

I have come across a few great homeschooling sites recently and thought I would share them. Budget Homeschool provides you with tips on how to homeschool on a budget, and has a large array of internet resources. Mathisfun is a great site for math ressources and games. Mathfactcafe is another free math ressource. M ath playground contains a large array of online math games, math problems and puzzles, as well as small tutorials Science with me has great animations, printables and information for teaching science. The best part it is free. Kidskreate is a site with lots of different crafts. They are categorized which make searching really easy Little giraffe is a great site for kindergarden with lots of ideas, projects and ressources. Lesson plan page is a sites with ideas for lesson on all the differents subjects by grades. Kinderart is a great sites for those who really like arts and cratfs. It contains a whole lot of activities. Have a great day, Joelle