Skip to main content

School year planning con't

I am not much of a planning person (my husband is though), but for this coming year I have decided to do my best and have a yearly plan so that, as my husband would tell me, even if I don't end up following the schedule to the letter, my mind at the very least will be organized.

I previously wrote a post about our curriculum. You can check it here.

So, so far I have come up with a week by week school plan for the year and a weekly schedule.

This is what the week by week schedule looks like. I printed first and wrote on it in pencil. Once finalized, I'll write on the the computer and print it out.


Week by week Schedule














I am hoping that our weekly schedule will look like this:

Bible: Everyday morning and evening
Math: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
English (FLL): Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Spelling: Tuesday and Thursday
Handwritting: Wednesday
History and Geography: Tuesday or Thursday (Readings)
Science: Monday (science experiments)
Arts and Crafts:
Monday or Wednesday
Latin (starting in January): Thursday

You may have noticed that our week has only 4 days, that's because I want to leave a day for catch up, and, when our electives with our Co-op starts on Fridays (on which day we hardly get any time to do school), the schedule won't be messed up. Also I am leaving room on Wednesday for a possible playdate day.

Here are some very valuable websites on the subject of school planning:

Oklahoma Homeschool. make sure to browse around the site, it has great information on homeschooling.

Donna Young, Talibiddeenjr and How to homeschool today have a wealth of free homeschool forms. And again be sure to browse around, they also contains other valuable information on homeschooling in general.

I am still working on my resource book which is really a list of books I want to use from the library for science, social studies and arts and crafts.

Have a great day, Joelle

Comments

Anonymous said…
I would love to here a review on your Latin program once you see it and try it out. I know it will be awhile but keep that in my mind ( I'll remind you :) later...)


Christine

http://adventuresofasimplelife.blogspot.com/

P.S. Making your yummy bread again on your recipe blog! Kids and husband can't wait!
Anonymous said…
Hi! I want to post my schedule on my blog, but can't figure out how. I have it typed on a table in microsoft office. When I copy and paste it into my blog post, it does not appear as a table. Can you tell me how you did yours?

Thanks so much!

Roan

www.joyfuljohnsons.blogspot.com
Robin E. said…
I really like your schedule page that you shared. It looks great, and so professional. Thank you for sharing on the Blog Hop.

Popular posts from this blog

Writing & Rhetoric - A Writing Curriculum Review and a Giveaway

Curriculum choosing and buying can be a very daunting task. So many subjects to cover, so many curriculum to browse though, and so many companies to consider. Today I would like to share with you a product and a company that I have come to hold in high regards. When it comes to teaching writing to the boys I was not sure which way to go, as I would not exactly consider myself a great writer. Then came along Writing and Rhetoric from Classical Academic Press. I heard about it when the second book in a series of twelve just released, and I was immediately intrigued. You see I homeschool classically, and writing is an integral part of it. Classical Academic Press puts out products geared towards classical homeschooling, so there you had  the first common ground. I was searching for something that would teach them what writing was, and guide them through the process incrementally, without bombarding them with pages and pages of writing right from the start. I found what...

Homeschooling - A Glimpse into How We Do it

2016 was a pretty skimpy blogging year for me. Ask me why, I am not sure I have an answer for you beside life happening and writing inspiration fading. With a new year upon us I will try to get back on the blogging scene and what best topic to start the year with than giving you a glimpse into what homeschooling looks like in our home with now two teenagers. In the past 4 years I have enjoyed participating in the Virtual Curriculum Fair hosted by Homechooling Hearts and Minds , so I am happy to start my year participating once more. For those who are not familiar with the Virtual Curiculum Fair, it is a month long series of posts, where over 20 homeschoolers share about their homeschool curriculum and how they homeschool. The weeks will go as follow: Week 1: See How We Learn/Welcome to the VCF Week 2: Playing with Words Week 3: Discovering Patterns Week 4: Exploring Our World Week 5: Seeking Beauty So how do we learn here? this is the topic of this ...

Homeschooling site

I have come across a few great homeschooling sites recently and thought I would share them. Budget Homeschool provides you with tips on how to homeschool on a budget, and has a large array of internet resources. Mathisfun is a great site for math ressources and games. Mathfactcafe is another free math ressource. M ath playground contains a large array of online math games, math problems and puzzles, as well as small tutorials Science with me has great animations, printables and information for teaching science. The best part it is free. Kidskreate is a site with lots of different crafts. They are categorized which make searching really easy Little giraffe is a great site for kindergarden with lots of ideas, projects and ressources. Lesson plan page is a sites with ideas for lesson on all the differents subjects by grades. Kinderart is a great sites for those who really like arts and cratfs. It contains a whole lot of activities. Have a great day, Joelle