For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not of yourselves it is the gift of God, not of works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Work for me Wednesday


Wonders of wonders, today I have a Works-For-Me Wednesday to share: lunches at our house
Here is a very short list of what we do for lunch here (mainly just the kids):

 



  1. Leftover dinner

  2. Leftover breakfast. My husband absolutely loves his breakfast. So I literally usually cook breakfast. I had previously post on our breakfast  idea list. Among those you can find some that can be eaten as leftover for lunch: pancakes, waffles, omelette, frittatas and muffins.

  3. Easy quick quessadillas: On a tortilla, spread some leftover meat (chicken and beef are my favorites) with some grated cheese on top and green pepper with desired. Fold over and cook on a stovetop gill or pan. Et voila.

  4. Ham and cheese sandwiches (classic).

  5. Quick pizza: On a tortilla, spread some barbecue sauce, mixed or not with ketchup, spread ham or whatever meat you have on hand, vegetable or choice if desired and grated cheese. Bake and voila.


For more Work for me Wednesday hop on over @
Have a great day,

4 comments:

Aiming4Simple said...

After anguishing over what to make for lunch for a while, I made a list for myself. I had forgotten about leftovers though, until recently. This is the second day I've enjoyed heating them up for a quick and painless lunch. I like your ideas here and will use them to supplement my lunch idea list. Thanks for sharing them all.

Anonymous said...

I never thought to use a tortilla as the basis for a mini pizza. Great idea :) Lynn

Anonymous said...

Thanks for some new lunch ideas! I can certainly use those, we seem to be in a rut of peanut butter/honey or meat/cheese/crackers right now! :)


I'm glad you liked The Mom Song too! Feel free to share it! It's too good not too!


~Maria @ www.veryblessedmommy.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

We also like bagel pizzas. Just pop a bagel in the toaster, spread some pizza sauce and cheese on and broil for a few minutes! Yummy!

Homeschool Copywork Membership Sign-Up
Write Through the Bible
Main business logo--medium
Subscribe