Skip to main content

Sunday Hymn

How Awesome is Your Name


by  Joe Tyrpak (Church Works Media)



1—Psalm 8:1-2; 1 Corinthians 1:26–29
O LORD, our Lord, how awesome is Your name in all the earth.
The skies display Your majesty; Your fame from them pours forth.
You choose the weak and foolish things to shame the strong and wise,
And silence boasting enemies with nursing babies’ cries.


2—Psalm 8:3–4
When I behold the midnight sky—the work Your fingers made—
The moon holds fast my marv’ling eyes; the stars arrest my gaze.
I question why You care for man; I cannot comprehend
Why You who formed this vast expanse would humbly condescend.


3—Psalm 8:5–8
Yet man is crowned with majesty—with lofty honor graced.
You stationed him just underneath the high angelic race.
Appointed by Your sovereign hand, he reigns as nature’s prince
O’er every beast that roams the land or in the ocean swims.


4—Hebrews 2:5–9; Matthew 21:15–16
Our Lord and Maker, Jesus Christ, took on Him human flesh;
Below the angels for a time, in lowliness He dressed.
Small children hailed Messiah’s fame: “Hosanna!” loud they cried;
While all His foes replied, inflamed, “Let Him be crucified!”


5—Ephesians 1:22; Philippians 2:9–11; Psalm 8:9
But Christ arose as King of kings, the sovereign Lord of all!
God placed all things beneath His feet; each knee to Him will fall.
We praise the name of Jesus Christ, the name of highest worth:
O LORD, our Lord, how awesome is Your name in all the earth!


To listen to the melody, click here. It is sung to the well known hymnic tune of Ellacombe (I Sing the Mighty Power of God).

Comments

christine said…
Never heard of this song. The words are ever so powerful and true, speaking of the awesomeness of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Thanks for sharing.
To God be the glory!

Popular posts from this blog

Writing & Rhetoric - A Writing Curriculum Review and a Giveaway

Curriculum choosing and buying can be a very daunting task. So many subjects to cover, so many curriculum to browse though, and so many companies to consider. Today I would like to share with you a product and a company that I have come to hold in high regards. When it comes to teaching writing to the boys I was not sure which way to go, as I would not exactly consider myself a great writer. Then came along Writing and Rhetoric from Classical Academic Press. I heard about it when the second book in a series of twelve just released, and I was immediately intrigued. You see I homeschool classically, and writing is an integral part of it. Classical Academic Press puts out products geared towards classical homeschooling, so there you had  the first common ground. I was searching for something that would teach them what writing was, and guide them through the process incrementally, without bombarding them with pages and pages of writing right from the start. I found what...

Homeschooling - A Glimpse into How We Do it

2016 was a pretty skimpy blogging year for me. Ask me why, I am not sure I have an answer for you beside life happening and writing inspiration fading. With a new year upon us I will try to get back on the blogging scene and what best topic to start the year with than giving you a glimpse into what homeschooling looks like in our home with now two teenagers. In the past 4 years I have enjoyed participating in the Virtual Curriculum Fair hosted by Homechooling Hearts and Minds , so I am happy to start my year participating once more. For those who are not familiar with the Virtual Curiculum Fair, it is a month long series of posts, where over 20 homeschoolers share about their homeschool curriculum and how they homeschool. The weeks will go as follow: Week 1: See How We Learn/Welcome to the VCF Week 2: Playing with Words Week 3: Discovering Patterns Week 4: Exploring Our World Week 5: Seeking Beauty So how do we learn here? this is the topic of this ...

Homeschooling site

I have come across a few great homeschooling sites recently and thought I would share them. Budget Homeschool provides you with tips on how to homeschool on a budget, and has a large array of internet resources. Mathisfun is a great site for math ressources and games. Mathfactcafe is another free math ressource. M ath playground contains a large array of online math games, math problems and puzzles, as well as small tutorials Science with me has great animations, printables and information for teaching science. The best part it is free. Kidskreate is a site with lots of different crafts. They are categorized which make searching really easy Little giraffe is a great site for kindergarden with lots of ideas, projects and ressources. Lesson plan page is a sites with ideas for lesson on all the differents subjects by grades. Kinderart is a great sites for those who really like arts and cratfs. It contains a whole lot of activities. Have a great day, Joelle