For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not of yourselves it is the gift of God, not of works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Friday, September 10, 2010

Weekly Wrap-Up


This week was a break week. The kids and I absolutely did nothing.

Zach got to play with his train set all week long, with  occasional you tube watch of others making stories with their tracks. Joho played on the computer, played games, watched videos and let me not forget played Wii. They did do some reading and painting as well.

Monday we had guests over.

Tuesday we had a not back-to school picnic.

Thursday evening I was babysitting some of the boys' friends (just 2 of them).

The rest of the time was free play.

On my part:

  • I caught up on some of my google reader reading.

  • Did some research and preparation for the coming weeks of TOG, as well as the coming topics in math (regrouping and renaming), namely how to teach it in a productive way to Zach.

  • I  explored some curriculum online.

  • I read some threads on education and homeschooling the gifted child. You will notice that I added a link category on my right sidebar for gifted child education.

  • Replenished the library's book basket.


So as you can see not that much of a productive week, but franckly I do not mind. We do need those from time to time.

Next week we will start up again full gear.

12 comments:

wdworkman said...

Sounds like a wonderfully refreshing week!
Janet W

Phyllis said...

Fun week. I would have loved to see some photos of it! :)

joelle said...

I guess the camera was on break too. ;-)

Ellen said...

We all need planning and playing weeks! I'm glad you (all) enjoyed it.

Myrtle said...

I live east of scarborough! We love it out here. I am i the Durham Meet Up Co-op!

Lexi said...

Hello! I've missed blogging but had to take a break due to health issues with our youngest (www.hivesinthekitchen.blogspot.com) I started blogging again at blogger because the format was easier........then homeschool blogger changed formats but I don't know if I'll change back over. I'm not really "blog savvy" and I wish someone would do all the hard stuff for me! But it will be good to catch up with you!

Amy said...

What a great week - both relaxing AND productive!

The Chemist said...

Sounds great! I'm looking forward to a break the first week of October.

Nikki said...

Sometimes we need weeks like this to refresh and refocus! Thanks for sharing your favorite online learning websites with me!

missmoe said...

Sounds like a lovely week. Sometimes doing nothing is the best way to recharge.

Amy @ Hope Is the Word said...

Sounds like a very productive week to me--playtime and planning!

christine said...

Glad you had a week of rest and research. I'll be praying for your family as you start up school again...

Homeschool Copywork Membership Sign-Up
Write Through the Bible
Main business logo--medium
Subscribe