1. The Well-Trained Mind One of the basic and classic for homeschoolers (especially those with a classical bent).
2. Educating The Whole-Hearted Child One of my favorite and which presents you with the basics of homeschooling.
3. The Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling. A must have for the the homeschooling mom.
4. The Complete Guide to Getting Started in Homeschooling. This was my go to book when I first started.
5. Honey for a Child's Heart A wonderful resource for read aloud lists.
6. Learning at Home: A Mother's Guide to Homeschooling a book geared toward the mom's heart, motivation ad goals with practical insights.
7. Homeschooling at the Speed of Life: on my list of books to read.
8. Love the Journey. My newest favorite, geared toward the new homeschooler, but very, very, helpful as well for the veteran.
9. So You're Thinking about Homeschooling
10. Creative Home Schooling: A Resource Guide for Smart Families (more geared toward gifted kids but with valuable info for any homeschoolers).