Skip to main content

10 Top Prayer Requests

Top Ten {Tuesday}
As believers living in a sinful world and with sinful hearts, we have many needs. God invites us to draw close to His throne of grace to obtain mercy and grace in time of need. So, I thought it would be nice to share my top ten needs and prayer requests as I seek to grown in maturity and in grace.

1. A growing love for God - God is so good to us and has done so much for us, how can we not grow in love for Him. Without love we are nothing and we will not grow.

2. A growing love for and  knowledge of  God's Word - without God's Word will will remain infants.

3. A submissive heart and spirit - without a submissive attitude we will always fight the work of the Holy Spitit and it will translate in our relationships with others.

4. A servant Heart - we are called to servanthood; serve Christ and serve others, just as Christ's example of a good servant.

5. A willingness to be inconvenienced - this is a hard one. This means denying ourselves constantly and seek to ger rid of the me me me attitude.

6. Patience and more patience - this does not need any comment. We all know of our need for it, especially as homeschoolers.

7. Gracious and loving speech - we communicate so much in the way we speak, it needs to reflect God's grace.

8. To grown in diligence and discipline - as homeschoolers diligence and discipline are keys and I so need to improve in this area and be an example to my kids.

9. A deeper and better understanding of God's love and grace - as we understand better God's love and grace towards us it will compel us  (to quote the apostle Paul in 2 Cor. 14-15) to godly living and to glorify our father.

10.  To grow in wisdom - Oh that I learn to think God's way !

 

Comments

D Marie said…
A servant's heart- my thoughts exactly. My Top Ten parallel yours...
Blessings, :DM
aurie said…
I really need help with #3 - and it is something that I pray for daily! What a wonderful list - thanks for posting!

Popular posts from this blog

Writing & Rhetoric - A Writing Curriculum Review and a Giveaway

Curriculum choosing and buying can be a very daunting task. So many subjects to cover, so many curriculum to browse though, and so many companies to consider. Today I would like to share with you a product and a company that I have come to hold in high regards. When it comes to teaching writing to the boys I was not sure which way to go, as I would not exactly consider myself a great writer. Then came along Writing and Rhetoric from Classical Academic Press. I heard about it when the second book in a series of twelve just released, and I was immediately intrigued. You see I homeschool classically, and writing is an integral part of it. Classical Academic Press puts out products geared towards classical homeschooling, so there you had  the first common ground. I was searching for something that would teach them what writing was, and guide them through the process incrementally, without bombarding them with pages and pages of writing right from the start. I found what...

Homeschooling - A Glimpse into How We Do it

2016 was a pretty skimpy blogging year for me. Ask me why, I am not sure I have an answer for you beside life happening and writing inspiration fading. With a new year upon us I will try to get back on the blogging scene and what best topic to start the year with than giving you a glimpse into what homeschooling looks like in our home with now two teenagers. In the past 4 years I have enjoyed participating in the Virtual Curriculum Fair hosted by Homechooling Hearts and Minds , so I am happy to start my year participating once more. For those who are not familiar with the Virtual Curiculum Fair, it is a month long series of posts, where over 20 homeschoolers share about their homeschool curriculum and how they homeschool. The weeks will go as follow: Week 1: See How We Learn/Welcome to the VCF Week 2: Playing with Words Week 3: Discovering Patterns Week 4: Exploring Our World Week 5: Seeking Beauty So how do we learn here? this is the topic of this ...

Homeschooling site

I have come across a few great homeschooling sites recently and thought I would share them. Budget Homeschool provides you with tips on how to homeschool on a budget, and has a large array of internet resources. Mathisfun is a great site for math ressources and games. Mathfactcafe is another free math ressource. M ath playground contains a large array of online math games, math problems and puzzles, as well as small tutorials Science with me has great animations, printables and information for teaching science. The best part it is free. Kidskreate is a site with lots of different crafts. They are categorized which make searching really easy Little giraffe is a great site for kindergarden with lots of ideas, projects and ressources. Lesson plan page is a sites with ideas for lesson on all the differents subjects by grades. Kinderart is a great sites for those who really like arts and cratfs. It contains a whole lot of activities. Have a great day, Joelle