Skip to main content

The Homeschool Journal

The Homeschool Mother's Journal


In my life this week...

I am learning even more and more to be content and to depend on the Lord for everyday strength and grace. It is so easy to know that we need Christ's strength to live ,as our lives are daily walk of faith, and yet it is just as easy to go on relying on our own strength. The Lord has been teaching me big time how much I need  to take the time to rely upon him. I am still a way  off but the Lord never gives up on his children. Praise Him!

In our homeschool this week...

This week has been a light week, as It was supposed to be a week off. It is hard to belive that we had just done 4 weeks of school. However I did have Zach review his timetables using games on the computer.
Places we're going and people we're seeing...

Monday we had a fieldtrip to the Arboretum and the boys had fun amidst all the mud, since it was raining the night before and that morning on our way there. The boys were able to see God answering our prayers as we had prayed for good weather and got it for the rest of the day.

They studied Maple syrup harvesting and birds:





Photobucket



Photobucket
Photobucket


Thursday was the start of our electives classes. the boys had been looking forward to this and were happy to be able to be with their friends again.



My favorite thing this week was... celebrating 9 years of marriage on Wednesday. Our church family actually surprise us with a little dinner before the prayer meeting. That was really kind  of them.

Here is what my hubby got us for the occasion:

Photobucket
What's working/not working for us...

I really need to do more drilling with the boys, especially in Math . . .

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...

I need to cut back on my homeschooling budget, so I am debating if I need to get all the following, and which one I should pick:




Any thoughts would be appreciated . . .


A photo, video, link, or quote to share...

Photobucket

 

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing & Rhetoric - A Writing Curriculum Review and a Giveaway

Curriculum choosing and buying can be a very daunting task. So many subjects to cover, so many curriculum to browse though, and so many companies to consider. Today I would like to share with you a product and a company that I have come to hold in high regards. When it comes to teaching writing to the boys I was not sure which way to go, as I would not exactly consider myself a great writer. Then came along Writing and Rhetoric from Classical Academic Press. I heard about it when the second book in a series of twelve just released, and I was immediately intrigued. You see I homeschool classically, and writing is an integral part of it. Classical Academic Press puts out products geared towards classical homeschooling, so there you had  the first common ground. I was searching for something that would teach them what writing was, and guide them through the process incrementally, without bombarding them with pages and pages of writing right from the start. I found what...

Homeschooling - A Glimpse into How We Do it

2016 was a pretty skimpy blogging year for me. Ask me why, I am not sure I have an answer for you beside life happening and writing inspiration fading. With a new year upon us I will try to get back on the blogging scene and what best topic to start the year with than giving you a glimpse into what homeschooling looks like in our home with now two teenagers. In the past 4 years I have enjoyed participating in the Virtual Curriculum Fair hosted by Homechooling Hearts and Minds , so I am happy to start my year participating once more. For those who are not familiar with the Virtual Curiculum Fair, it is a month long series of posts, where over 20 homeschoolers share about their homeschool curriculum and how they homeschool. The weeks will go as follow: Week 1: See How We Learn/Welcome to the VCF Week 2: Playing with Words Week 3: Discovering Patterns Week 4: Exploring Our World Week 5: Seeking Beauty So how do we learn here? this is the topic of this ...

Homeschooling site

I have come across a few great homeschooling sites recently and thought I would share them. Budget Homeschool provides you with tips on how to homeschool on a budget, and has a large array of internet resources. Mathisfun is a great site for math ressources and games. Mathfactcafe is another free math ressource. M ath playground contains a large array of online math games, math problems and puzzles, as well as small tutorials Science with me has great animations, printables and information for teaching science. The best part it is free. Kidskreate is a site with lots of different crafts. They are categorized which make searching really easy Little giraffe is a great site for kindergarden with lots of ideas, projects and ressources. Lesson plan page is a sites with ideas for lesson on all the differents subjects by grades. Kinderart is a great sites for those who really like arts and cratfs. It contains a whole lot of activities. Have a great day, Joelle