Skip to main content

The Homeschool Journal

In my life this week…

This week was a good quiet week. I am still working on making our schedule work and getting the kids and myself disciplined.

In our homeschool this week…

With Easter Monday and a day devoted to trying out the Blue-footed Booby Curiosity File, we really only had 2 1/2 days of school this week. However, we did the most of it and did our History, science, math (money), English and spelling (same as last week, and it went over just as well).

Us playing a Math game called Smath:
Photobucket

Building an Assyrian siege tower

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket


Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

This week we just went to Electives, Zach's violin lesson, library trip (usually it's just me or my hubby picking up things), and yesterday a Bible College and Seminary graduation.


My favorite thing this week was… cleaning up and decluttering the boys' bedroom.

Homeschool questions/thoughts I have…

I have purchased Math on the Level and have been spending a lot of time on the Math on the Level yahoo group. I can't wait to get it into my hands.

I have also purchased the Biology Grammar Stage from Elemental Science and have been reading up on it too.

If any of you have experience with either of these curriculum I am all ears.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

Photobucket

 

Comments

Kimberly said…
awesome! my boys used to play S'math--- and build weapons out of Legos.....
Robin said…
Great photo!

We have been slowly decluttering around here, too. Last week was the laundry room, the weeks prior were the bedrooms, bathrooms, and closets. It feels so good to get things in order.

Have a great weekend!

Popular posts from this blog

Writing & Rhetoric - A Writing Curriculum Review and a Giveaway

Curriculum choosing and buying can be a very daunting task. So many subjects to cover, so many curriculum to browse though, and so many companies to consider. Today I would like to share with you a product and a company that I have come to hold in high regards. When it comes to teaching writing to the boys I was not sure which way to go, as I would not exactly consider myself a great writer. Then came along Writing and Rhetoric from Classical Academic Press. I heard about it when the second book in a series of twelve just released, and I was immediately intrigued. You see I homeschool classically, and writing is an integral part of it. Classical Academic Press puts out products geared towards classical homeschooling, so there you had  the first common ground. I was searching for something that would teach them what writing was, and guide them through the process incrementally, without bombarding them with pages and pages of writing right from the start. I found what...

Homeschooling - A Glimpse into How We Do it

2016 was a pretty skimpy blogging year for me. Ask me why, I am not sure I have an answer for you beside life happening and writing inspiration fading. With a new year upon us I will try to get back on the blogging scene and what best topic to start the year with than giving you a glimpse into what homeschooling looks like in our home with now two teenagers. In the past 4 years I have enjoyed participating in the Virtual Curriculum Fair hosted by Homechooling Hearts and Minds , so I am happy to start my year participating once more. For those who are not familiar with the Virtual Curiculum Fair, it is a month long series of posts, where over 20 homeschoolers share about their homeschool curriculum and how they homeschool. The weeks will go as follow: Week 1: See How We Learn/Welcome to the VCF Week 2: Playing with Words Week 3: Discovering Patterns Week 4: Exploring Our World Week 5: Seeking Beauty So how do we learn here? this is the topic of this ...

Homeschooling site

I have come across a few great homeschooling sites recently and thought I would share them. Budget Homeschool provides you with tips on how to homeschool on a budget, and has a large array of internet resources. Mathisfun is a great site for math ressources and games. Mathfactcafe is another free math ressource. M ath playground contains a large array of online math games, math problems and puzzles, as well as small tutorials Science with me has great animations, printables and information for teaching science. The best part it is free. Kidskreate is a site with lots of different crafts. They are categorized which make searching really easy Little giraffe is a great site for kindergarden with lots of ideas, projects and ressources. Lesson plan page is a sites with ideas for lesson on all the differents subjects by grades. Kinderart is a great sites for those who really like arts and cratfs. It contains a whole lot of activities. Have a great day, Joelle