For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not of yourselves it is the gift of God, not of works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

ABC's of Homeschooling - S is for ...

ABCs of Homeschooling
It is another week of the ABC of Homeschooling over @ 5 Kids and a Dog.

This week's letter is S, and my chosen word is Sanity.

Sometimes I wonder if I have any of it left. Between the noise of reenacted ancient battles and army wars, the noise of brotherly fights, the arguments, the peace making, the lesson planning, the distracted children to bring back to focus, the errands, the multitasking, sometimes I wonder if my head is till attached. I often forget half of what I was about to do. It takes me a few minutes sometimes to understand what someone tells me, as if I needed time to put my brain back on. Sometimes I run on auto pilot and do not know what I just did.

Just yesterday my hubby made the comment to the effect that my emerging white hairs are really my blonde side coming out (figure of speech, since my hair is back).

But, yes I have seen some mom talk about losing their sanity, well I can see that. Homeschooling can do that to you as you juggle so many things. But, no need to despair, it is not permanent. That is why we need breaks, and have to take them. This is why we put our family members at work to help us. Everyone wants to have a sane mom around!

 

6 comments:

ABC's of Homeschooling – S is for … – Homeschooling for His Glory - Home School News for Parents said...

[...] this link: ABC's of Homeschooling – S is for … – Homeschooling for His Glory This entry is filed under Feeds and tagged authors, avatar-image, group, group-random, joelle, [...]

Emily said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that forgets SO much of what I'm getting ready to do! We just started school yesterday, but so far, so good! :)

hehe about the blonde coming out. . . I have tons of gray hair, so I just colored it blonde.

You're doing a great job, keep it up! :)

Ann said...

Looks like there are others who have felt like I have recently. Taking breaks is vital to keeping one's sanity...it's good to be reminded of that in your post. Sometimes taking care of oneself can be put on the back burner since there are so many other things that have to be done with homeschooling. Even taking a few moments here and there for oneself can do wonders!!

Kristen said...

I completely understand. Maybe I'm going blonde too:)

Dawn @ 5 Kids and a Dog said...

LOL! My "blonde" (silver) is showing right now, but a box of L'Oreal will take care of that. Too bad it doesn't take care of forgetfulness and daydreaming too! :)

joelle said...

Would agree!

Homeschool Copywork Membership Sign-Up
Write Through the Bible
Main business logo--medium
Subscribe