The first full week of the year is almost finished. We made it through our first week back to school after the Christmas break. I am glad to report that it went quite well.
1. We covered most our school subjects:
- Math: Decimals and Fractions
- History: Victorian Era
- Spelling: review and new phonograms (er, or, ea) and new spelling rule (a e o u make their long sound at the end of syllables).
- Science: Planet Mars specifications
- Grammar: Zach finished up Grammar Town and started Practice Town
- Writing: Zach started Paragraph Town. It is a hit so far.
- Bible: I have started the boys on a Bible reading plan, basically read a chapter a day starting from the beginning, Genesis.
2. What they read and are still reading this week:
3. Of course lots of lego and games activities, given all the games they got over Christmas.
4. Since we had a friend staying over, during the Christmas vacation, we took a little trip over to Niagara Falls. It was cold but always a pleasure to look at. We did cross over the border this time to see what it is like from the american side (first time). We need to do that again but in the summer though.
5. I have started a few bible verses memorization: 100 Verses Challenge, Psalm 71 and the Romans Project (Romans 1, 8 and 12).
6. I rearranged, yet again, our apartment's living and dining area. This time it really looks like a new place all together. Even the boys say that they need to get used to the new look.
And that is about it for these first few days at our home.