For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not of yourselves it is the gift of God, not of works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Weekly Wrap-up / Homeschool Mother Journal



For this second week back to school I am still happy to report that we had a good week.

  • In my life this week…
    I hate to admit it but I have been enjoying not having my hubby around. I do miss him and all the things we do together, but being the independent kind of girl I am, I have been enjoying the somewhat freedom is absence is giving me. I do speak to him twice a day, that kind of helps with the void.
  • In our homeschool this week…

We had a productive week in all subjects: Handwriting, Math, History, Science, Grammar, Writing and Spelling. I started Joho on our first review product and so far I love it: A+Tutorsoft (watch out for the coming up review)

Other than that, the boys are still ploying away in the Hobbit and can't get enough of the Civilization game I got Zach on his birthday, back in November.

  • Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
I love to teach the boys together even though they are 2 years and normally 2 grades apart, however I discovered this week that when testing them it can be better to do it separately and then correct them together. That worked out quite well.

  • Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
We were able to go skating twice this week, which is really a big thing around here.

  • My (and the boys) favorite thing this week was…
our playdate with a friend and her 4 kids. We have not had a playdate in ages so that was really nice both for the kids and mom.
  • I’m cooking…
Though my hubby is away for 2 weeks, I have been cooking cool stuff still such as:


  • I’m grateful for…
Safe driving in snow without snow tires

3 comments:

Mary said...

Sounds like a good week! The food looks good, but what is it? :)

Joelle A. said...

It's Enchiladas.

Joelle A. said...

It's Enchiladas.

Homeschool Copywork Membership Sign-Up
Write Through the Bible
Main business logo--medium
Subscribe