Skip to main content

Blog Award

Homeschoolers love to encourage one another and this is true as well when it comes to blogging homeschoolers. They give each other awards to encourage each other to keep up blogging about our adventures.



I was blessed to receive the Liebster Award from 2 fellow bloggers: Bethany @ Little Homeschool Blessings and  Kym @Homeschool Coffee Break , as an example of this. Thank You to you both.

The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers who have great content but not too many people may have heard of them yet; it is only given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers

Awards come with rules:
  1. List 11 facts about yourself.
  2. Answer 11 questions given to you.
  3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
  4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
  5. Go to each blogger page and let them know about the award.
  6. Thank the person who nominate you and link back to their blog.
My facts:
  1. I am PK (pastor's kid),  and a sinner saved by Grace, . 
  2. I am a middle child with everything that comes from that.
  3. I have been diagnosed as hypertensive.
  4. My husband and I met at seminary.
  5. I love visiting new places.
  6. I love, love theology and more recently apologetics
  7. Though I come from an island in the Caribbean I do not like the heat.
  8. I love sleeping (but only at night).
  9. I love baking and trying new dishes. Go Pinterest!
  10. I have a heard time with routines.
  11. I love singing Praise and Worship songs.
My answers to Bethany's questions:
  1. What makes you most happy about homeschooling: The ability to minister to my kids 24/7.
  2. What is the subject you like the least? Writing and literature, as these are not my strongest areas.
  3. What is your favorite season? The fall. I love watching the colors at this time of the year and I love the fall weather as well.
  4. Who inspires you the most? This is a hard question and I would have to say my husband.
  5. Where do you like to spend your time? With other christians and with my church family.
  6. What is your favorite homeschooling song? I do not have one
  7. Which chore do you like the most? I do not like any chore but I love that I can listen to podcast and my audio bible while doing dishes.
  8. What is (are) your hobby (ies)? Listening to podcast, reading, watching TV and play games.
  9. If given a choice between sleeping in or going to bed early, which would you pick? Going  to bed early.
  10. What is your favorite movie? It used to be Gladiator and The Patriot, but after watching Les Miserables I think it has climbed up to the top.
  11. What if something you would like to do if you had an extra hour? Finish my books.
My answers to Kym's questions:


  1. Why did you start your blog? To record our homeschooling adventures and to share homeshool resources with others.
  2. What is your favorite thing about homeschooling? Seeing my kids discover things in front of my eyes.
  3. What was your favorite subject when you were in school? (And is it still your favorite?) Grammar
  4. Who or what inspires you? See #4
  5. What makes you laugh? Anything. I love to laugh and laugh easily.
  6. Where did you go on your best vacation ever? I will have to say Disney World when I was a teenager.
  7. Do you play a musical instrument? No
  8. What is something you'd still like to learn? An instrument, a craft or hobby, a new language... Probably play the piano but I do not have the discipline and patience for it.
  9. What is your favorite food? Leg of Lamb
  10. What is your favorite holiday or season? See # 2 above
  11. What's the funniest thing your kid(s) did or said recently? Dressed as hobbits.

My questions:
  1. What is the thing you like the least about homeschooling?
  2. What is your biggest motivation to keep homeschooling?
  3. What is your favorite part of the year?
  4. What is your favorite food to cook?
  5. What is your favorite thing to do with your kids?
  6. What would the perfect vacation look like for you?
  7. What is your favorite Bible passage?
  8. What is your favorite Praise and Worship song?
  9. What is the #1 curriculum you would recommend?
  10. What is your favorite attribute of God?
  11. How often do you meet with other homeschoolers?
My nominees:

Comments

Kym said…
Enjoyed learning more about you by reading the facts and your answers to the questions! Y'know, I don't think I've ever had Leg of Lamb... I've had lamb chops though - which I suppose is pretty similar.
Hwee said…
Thank you for giving me the blog award. That's very kind of you. I've enjoyed reading about your homeschooling journey and activities. :-)
Dorie said…
Thanks so much! What a great way to get to know you better. I like watching my children learn and discover as well. It really is a huge blessing to be a part of it. And, the fall is a favorite of mine too. Laughter gets me in trouble though. I tend to laugh too easily and too much...oh, that wasn't meant to be funny, foot in mouth...kind of stuff. Gonna have to ponder your questions.
Chareen said…
:) {{hugs}} Thank you for the award Joelle. Great to get to know you better.
Blessings
Chareen said…
Yay I answered your questions today :) thank you once again for this award.
The Homeschool Blogging Liebster Award

Popular posts from this blog

Writing & Rhetoric - A Writing Curriculum Review and a Giveaway

Curriculum choosing and buying can be a very daunting task. So many subjects to cover, so many curriculum to browse though, and so many companies to consider. Today I would like to share with you a product and a company that I have come to hold in high regards. When it comes to teaching writing to the boys I was not sure which way to go, as I would not exactly consider myself a great writer. Then came along Writing and Rhetoric from Classical Academic Press. I heard about it when the second book in a series of twelve just released, and I was immediately intrigued. You see I homeschool classically, and writing is an integral part of it. Classical Academic Press puts out products geared towards classical homeschooling, so there you had  the first common ground. I was searching for something that would teach them what writing was, and guide them through the process incrementally, without bombarding them with pages and pages of writing right from the start. I found what...

Homeschooling - A Glimpse into How We Do it

2016 was a pretty skimpy blogging year for me. Ask me why, I am not sure I have an answer for you beside life happening and writing inspiration fading. With a new year upon us I will try to get back on the blogging scene and what best topic to start the year with than giving you a glimpse into what homeschooling looks like in our home with now two teenagers. In the past 4 years I have enjoyed participating in the Virtual Curriculum Fair hosted by Homechooling Hearts and Minds , so I am happy to start my year participating once more. For those who are not familiar with the Virtual Curiculum Fair, it is a month long series of posts, where over 20 homeschoolers share about their homeschool curriculum and how they homeschool. The weeks will go as follow: Week 1: See How We Learn/Welcome to the VCF Week 2: Playing with Words Week 3: Discovering Patterns Week 4: Exploring Our World Week 5: Seeking Beauty So how do we learn here? this is the topic of this ...

Homeschooling site

I have come across a few great homeschooling sites recently and thought I would share them. Budget Homeschool provides you with tips on how to homeschool on a budget, and has a large array of internet resources. Mathisfun is a great site for math ressources and games. Mathfactcafe is another free math ressource. M ath playground contains a large array of online math games, math problems and puzzles, as well as small tutorials Science with me has great animations, printables and information for teaching science. The best part it is free. Kidskreate is a site with lots of different crafts. They are categorized which make searching really easy Little giraffe is a great site for kindergarden with lots of ideas, projects and ressources. Lesson plan page is a sites with ideas for lesson on all the differents subjects by grades. Kinderart is a great sites for those who really like arts and cratfs. It contains a whole lot of activities. Have a great day, Joelle