- Subjects and predicates,
- Nouns, pronouns, verbs
- Kinds of sentences
- Writing a friendly letter
- Writing a narrative
- Graphic organizers
- Parts of a paragraph
- This program is easy to use. Stick the DVD in, watch and do the worksheet. Done!
- The lessons are short and to the point.
- The assignment are one or 2 pages long comprised really of 2-3 questions which involve circling or underlining answers and writing sentences (not too many).
- The teacher is very engaging and pleasant to watch; very real to life.
- It is very independent of the parent. I only helped when they asked and to check their work.
- I love that it covers grammar too.
- I love that it covers different kinds of writing: writing a letter, a narrative, a descriptive paragraph, yet without being overwhelming.
I should add that the program has a classroom feel to it, as the teacher (the author of the program himself - who is a homeschool parent) is shown teaching an actual group of students. This did not bother me or my boys, but might somebody else.
Another thing I am glad about this program is that it has helped the boys to write freely. Joho after the lesson on writing a friendly letter, decided to write a letter to his friend.