- 1 cup finely diced cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese or any cheese you have on hand
- 1/4 cup hot sauce, and/or barbecue sauce
- 2 tbs melted butter
- 1 prepared bread dough
Preheat oven to 400°F with rack in the middle of the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
Making the chicken filling:
Place chicken in a bowl and mix in cheeses, butter, and sauce of choice.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and cut into 4 equal
- Lightly dust your hands with flour, then gently roll and
stretch 1 piece of dough to form a 12-inch-long rope.
- Flatten dough and arrange so a long side is nearest you, then roll out to a roughly 12-
by 4-inch rectangle with a lightly floured rolling pin.
- Gently press one fourth of your chicken mixture into lower third of rectangle,
leaving a 1/2-inch border along bottom edge.
- Stretch bottom edge of dough up over filling and press tightly to seal, then roll up as tightly as possible to form a rope.
- Cut rope into 12 pieces and transfer to a sheet pan.
- Make 3 more ropes with remaining dough, filling and cut into pieces, transferring to sheet pans.
- Let rest at room temperature, uncovered, 30 minutes (dough will rise slightly).
- Bake buffalo the chicken bites in the preheated oven for 5-7 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven (some cheese may have melted out), and brush tops with melted butter before serving .