It is that time of the year and we have and are just about finishing up a few of our curriculum for this year:
- In an attempt to expose the boys to more poetry this year I had planned or us to read a poem daily. We did this using the Oxford Illustrated Books of American Children Poems. We finished the book a couple of weeks ago.
- We are 4 lessons (which means 4 weeks) away from finishing The Logic of English.
- Next week we will be finishing Writing and Rhetoric.
- Zach has abut 2-3 lessons left in his Latin Christiana Book I. Although I already have book II, we won't touch it till September.
- VBS week at our church (mid-July)
- Camp week with our church as well (Mid- August)
- This year we will be going on Vacation at the end of August, which will be another 2 weeks off)
On my part the wrapping up of the school year is exciting as I get all jolly about planning the next school year. I am eagerly expecting a copy of the Hey Mama Schoolhouse Planner to get started. I am looking forward to started Tapestry of Grace Year one in the fall and getting to planning it.