Today I am going to share with you one of the most popular and enjoyed by all.
The dough is a very simple pastry dough.
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2- 1tsp salt
125g ( 1/2 cup) butter
10 cl milk, or water, or a mix of both
Mix together the flour and salt. Cut in the butter until resembles crumbs. Add the milk or water and mix until the dough comes together. Knead just enough to make a workable dough.
1 lb ground pork
salt, pepper, 1 bay leaf
a couple of green onions
scotch bonnet or red pepper flakes or enough of cayenne pepper to spice the lot
1 or 2 slices of bread soaked in milk (optional)
Brown the meat with the squeeze lemon and all of the spices. Add in the drained wet pieces of bread and let it simmer 10-15 minutes, until nice filling consistency - not too dry and definitely not too wet (stirring occasionally). Adjust seasoning to taste.
1. Roll the dough and make rounds all over the dough.
2. Place the rounds unto a baking sheet.
3. Gather the strips of dough, re-roll and make more rounds.
4. Place a tablespoon of filling unto the rounds on the baking sheets.
5. Damp the edges with a tiny bit of water and then place another round on top, pinching the sides together. At this point you can use the back of a fork to close them up on the sides.
6. Brush the Pates de Noel with egg yolk and place in the oven.
7. Bake 20 min at 375 until nicely browned
Et voila, enjoy!