1. Zach joined a violin/cello ensemble and is enjoying it a lot.
2. Spring Electives started back a couple of weeks ago, and the boys are doing: cooking, basketball, badminton, photography, and science
3. On the school front, things are moving along. We are still doing all of our subjects. We are slightly behind in our TOG studies, but pushing on. We finished Fractions from Life of Fed this week, and will be starting Decimals and Percents next week. We have one more spelling list to d and then I am in search for a new spelling curriculum. I a crossing my finger for a review product coming soon that could serve as both vocabulary and spelling. This week we started a new read-aloud: Ten Boys who Made a Difference.
4. I have started planning for next year. Am I the only one? As I am planning for Zach's 7th grade year, I am keeping in mind that high school is not so far away. Yikes!!!! Lots to consider....
5. I am quite excited that I was able to contribute a post over at the Educents blog on How we Use Life of Fred in our Homeschool. Check it out!
And since it has been a while:
6. I am trying my hand at balcony gardening. I have planted tomatoes, green peppers and thyme. I am really hoping for the best. Any tips or advice welcomed!