Skip to main content

Work for me Wednesday

Digital and analog


Photo by Sancho Papa



I have a new recently found gadget: it is called OneNote. It is a microsoft office software that was already on my computer and I did not even know it. I first heard about it on Kris' Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers blog. It is pretty handy and easy to use.

Are you one of those people who have paper with notes on them hanging all over the house? Are you one of those people always looking all over the house for that one piece of information that you wrote somewhere, and can't seem to locate? Well OneNote can be your answer.

I am one of these people, and I have found OneNote very handy in helping me keep track of my notes. Now, every time I find something that I want to remember I write it on my OneNote page. I keep it open on my computer, that way I can easily move from my browser to it. I copy and paste links, information, anything you name it, piece of information. You can even organize it the way you want. I have made notebooks for personal, homeschool, household. And, within my homeschool notebook, for example, I have made sections on the different subjects. Within these sections I have made pages like, curriculum, library resources, internet resources, articles etc.... The different sections, notebooks or pages, are easy to navigate through, the names are on tabs that you click on at the top or on the sides.

So, go and check out if you have that software on your computer and I would definitely encourage you to try it out.

If you don't, you can always use a manual notebook that you keep on the side of your computer. That is what I have been using till I discovered OneNote. And, even if I really love OneNote, I will hang on to my little notebook as well. I actually recommend having one of these notebooks, that you can get at the dollar store, in all the strategic places at your house, computer desk, kitchen, bedroom etc...)

And that's it for my Work for me wednesday.


For more Work For me Wednesday head on over at We Are That Family.



Have a great day, Joelle


Comments

Kris @ Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers said…
Oh, my goodness! I love OneNote. I think I use it more now than I did when I first posted about it. It's been so handy for my school planning. I do my actual lesson plans on a Word document, but it's been great for copying/pasting library book titles/authors for books that I want to pick up and for jotting down little odds and ends that I want to remember, but that don't fit in my lesson plan sheet.


I've also downloaded a calendar (page-a-month) that has been indispensable in keeping up with my blogging and review schedule.

Popular posts from this blog

Writing & Rhetoric - A Writing Curriculum Review and a Giveaway

Curriculum choosing and buying can be a very daunting task. So many subjects to cover, so many curriculum to browse though, and so many companies to consider. Today I would like to share with you a product and a company that I have come to hold in high regards. When it comes to teaching writing to the boys I was not sure which way to go, as I would not exactly consider myself a great writer. Then came along Writing and Rhetoric from Classical Academic Press. I heard about it when the second book in a series of twelve just released, and I was immediately intrigued. You see I homeschool classically, and writing is an integral part of it. Classical Academic Press puts out products geared towards classical homeschooling, so there you had  the first common ground. I was searching for something that would teach them what writing was, and guide them through the process incrementally, without bombarding them with pages and pages of writing right from the start. I found what...

Homeschooling - A Glimpse into How We Do it

2016 was a pretty skimpy blogging year for me. Ask me why, I am not sure I have an answer for you beside life happening and writing inspiration fading. With a new year upon us I will try to get back on the blogging scene and what best topic to start the year with than giving you a glimpse into what homeschooling looks like in our home with now two teenagers. In the past 4 years I have enjoyed participating in the Virtual Curriculum Fair hosted by Homechooling Hearts and Minds , so I am happy to start my year participating once more. For those who are not familiar with the Virtual Curiculum Fair, it is a month long series of posts, where over 20 homeschoolers share about their homeschool curriculum and how they homeschool. The weeks will go as follow: Week 1: See How We Learn/Welcome to the VCF Week 2: Playing with Words Week 3: Discovering Patterns Week 4: Exploring Our World Week 5: Seeking Beauty So how do we learn here? this is the topic of this ...

Homeschooling site

I have come across a few great homeschooling sites recently and thought I would share them. Budget Homeschool provides you with tips on how to homeschool on a budget, and has a large array of internet resources. Mathisfun is a great site for math ressources and games. Mathfactcafe is another free math ressource. M ath playground contains a large array of online math games, math problems and puzzles, as well as small tutorials Science with me has great animations, printables and information for teaching science. The best part it is free. Kidskreate is a site with lots of different crafts. They are categorized which make searching really easy Little giraffe is a great site for kindergarden with lots of ideas, projects and ressources. Lesson plan page is a sites with ideas for lesson on all the differents subjects by grades. Kinderart is a great sites for those who really like arts and cratfs. It contains a whole lot of activities. Have a great day, Joelle