For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not of yourselves it is the gift of God, not of works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas tree and ornaments

My christmas tree has been up for 2 weeks , but I guess now it's ok  to post pictures.

http://i316.photobucket.com/albums/mm353/umanjoelle/IMG_3767-1.jpg



Through out the season I keep adding decorations to it. Here are what I have done so far.

Edible Christmas ornaments:

2 oz castor sugar
4 oz butter
6 oz flour
1/2 tsp ginger and cinnamon

Mix ingredients together until it resembles breadcrumbs
Knead until dough consistency.
Roll to 1cm thickness.
Cut into shapes (do not forget to prick a hole at the top)
Bake @350 for 10-15 min. or until golden brown.
Put decoration on top like sparkles, candies, frosting etc...
Thread ribbon and hang (or eat . . ).




Salt dough ornament

10 1/2 oz (300g) flour
10 1/2oz salt
7floz (200ml) water
1 tsp oil

Mix it all together and knead until dough consistency (add some water if need be).
Cut into shape and decorate using dough pieces.
Bake @ 350 for 2o min.
Paint and hang.  (DO NOT EAT)








Have a great day,

2 comments:

Dawn said...

My kids have been after me for a week to put up our tree! :D I love the cookie ornaments! I think we just may need to make some of those. They have to wait another week or so though, because I'm still decluttering and sorting everything. My house is going to SHINE this Christmas! Yours looks great!!

Karin @PassportAcademy.com said...

Aw, those edible ornaments bring back such happy childhood memories for me. Great job by your kids!

Homeschool Copywork Membership Sign-Up
Write Through the Bible
Main business logo--medium
Subscribe