For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not of yourselves it is the gift of God, not of works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Top Ten Parenting Books I'd Recommend

There are plenty of parenting books out there, but he is a rundown of the ones I have tremendously enjoyed and found helpful, plus being biblically sound:

1. Bible

2. Shepherding a Child's Heart  and Instructing a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp

3.  Everyday Talk by John A. Younts

4. Don't let me Count to Three Ginger Plowman

5. Grace Based Parenting Tim Kimmel

6. Parenting is Heart Work (all the others in the series) by Scott Turansky and Johann Miller

7. The Mission of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson

8. Teach Them Diligently by Lou Priolo

9. A Mother's Heart by Jean Fleming

10. The Faithful Parent by Martha Peace (I have not read this one but it is on my list of book that I have to get my hands on; I have really appreciated Martha Peace' s books so I am convinced that it is a must read)

5 comments:

Sherry said...

I have to admit that I havent read any except the first. I have heard of the 2nd one though. Need to see if they have any of these at the library.. :)

Have a blessed day!
Sherry

Jenilee said...

looks like a great list of books! I love #1! :) visiting from the hop!

Joy said...

Hey Joelle! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I just love taking pictures and sharing them. :)

Christy said...

Thanks! I have not read any of those titles yet. (Well, aside from the Bible) :) Your great, Joelle.

chistine said...

I have not heard of some of these. Will check them out. And Martha Peace!!! LOVE her books! I give her "Excellent Wife" book away as wedding presents! Did not know of the parenting book. Is it new? Off to google it now...
Christine

Homeschool Copywork Membership Sign-Up
Write Through the Bible
Main business logo--medium
Subscribe