1. Stay focused - I am a homeschooler, teaching and making sure my kids' school is done is my priority. By the same token I homeschool them so that they can have a spiritual education as well and I better make sure I work at it faithfully. Somehow, these simple facts are easy to get lost in a lot of distractions such as Facebook, cleaning, and who knows what.
2. Finish all curriculum - I spend a lot of time investigating our curriculum. I chose them because I believe they are a good fit and teach what I want the boys to learn. Unless they turn out to really not fitting the goal, I do not see any reason why I should not see it to the end, beside laziness and complecency.
3. Train the kids in time management - My oldest is entering Middle School, now is the time for him to start to learn to take responsibility for his school and his schedule. I anticipate this to be long road but it is a necessary one, so I need to get myself ready for the push back and weariness of the task.
4. Be diligent and consistent. This is the most difficult for me. I have such a hard time to keep routines going. That is why this year I am returning to my 6 weeks on /1 week off schedule for our school. I have found the more frequent break to be helpful in keeping me diligent and consistent with our daily routine and schedule.
5. Pray for our homeschool daily. Now, here is where everything really lies. I cannot do any of this unless the Lord is whith me, and empowers me with his grace and Spirit. This is His calling on my life I need to rely on Him. I certainly need to learn to show and express my dependency on Him way more than I do at the moment.
How about you? What are your goals for this new school year?