I am a French national and as such I love bread. I especially love European, French bread. I always look for a reason to make some.
Recently, my cousin from France shared with me a recipe, and of course I had to try it. I was really happy with the result, given how easy it was. So, I decided to share it with all of you.
Petits Pains sans Petrissage (No-Kneading French Buns )
375g flour (2 1/2 cup+ 2tbsp )
2 to 3 tsp yeast
1 tsp salt
250 ml warm water
50 ml warm milk
- Mix together flour and salt in a bowl.
- Make a well and put in the yeast.
- Add the water and the milk. Dissolve the yeast, then mix in the flour with a wooden spoon.
- The dough will be sticky and that is ok. No need to knead the dough
- Sprinkle flour on top and cover with a damp towel. Let it rest until double in size (about 1 hour).
- Preheat the over to 400F for ten minutes.
- Place the dough on a floury work place, form into a log ( as well as you can as the dough will be really sticky), and cut into 10 pieces.
- Place the pieces unto a cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
Tip: Spray the inside of the oven with water just before placing the cookie sheet in the oven, closing it quickly. This makes for nice crunchy bread.
Et voila, enjoy!