For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not of yourselves it is the gift of God, not of works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Try a New Recipe Tuesday - Great Tasting and Easy Blueberry Muffin

I could not believe I had not shared my go to blueberry muffin on my blog yet. This recipe is a hit not only at our house but everywhere else I have brought it to. I always get requests for the recipe. What I like most about this recipe is how easy it is to make. My youngest made a batch this this morning,and it is all gone, with me only having had one.

Awesome Blueberry Muffin
Ingredients
  • 1½ cups all-purpose flour
  • ¾ cup white sugar
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • ⅓ cup vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • ⅓ cup milk or buttermilk
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries
  • ½ cup white sugar
  • ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
  • ¼ cup cold butter, cubed
  • 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
  3. Combine 1½ cups flour, ¾ cup sugar, salt and baking powder.
  4. Measure the oil in a measuring cup and add in the egg.
  5. Fill the measuring cup with the milk to the 1 cup mark.
  6. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture.
  7. Fold in blueberries.
  8. Fill muffin cups ¾ of the way, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
  9. To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together ½ cup sugar, ⅓ cup flour, ¼ cup butter, and 1½ teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
  10. Bake for 15-20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
  11. Makes 10-12 muffins
Optional: Sometimes instead of making the topping as directed, I just mix 2 Tbsp of brown sugar with 1 tsp of cinnamon, and sprinkle that instead.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Lisa Boyle said...

Joelle, we love muffins here. These look delicious! Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." I look forward to seeing what you'll share this week. http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2014/07/try-new-recipe-tuesday-july-8th.html

Homeschool Copywork Membership Sign-Up
Write Through the Bible
Main business logo--medium
Subscribe