Skip to main content

Share a New Recipe Tuesday

I have mentioned before I much I love bread. I bake a lot here, but my hubby and kids are the ones eating the sweets. What I fall for is savory and most of all breads and buns.

This is my latest new bun recipe. It was a success. Soft, just sweet enough, just delightful!

Hawaiian Sweet Bread

Ingredients

1/2 cup Pineapple juice
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs beaten
2 tbs butter, melted
1 tsp salt
4 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp yeast

Preparation
Combine the pineapple juice, milk, water, oil, melted butter, eggs, sugar, salt, and yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer.
Add 2 cups of the flour and stir with a wooden spoon until the dough forms a rough, shaggy mass. Attach the dough hook to the mixer and turn to medium-low speed.
Gradually add the remaining flour, kneading until a dough begins to form.
Continue kneading until a soft and smooth ball of dough forms.
Place the dough in a clean bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until puffy and doubled in size, about 1 to 1 1/2 hour.
Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Gently deflate the dough.
Divide the dough into 15 equal pieces.
Shape each piece into a ball and place in the prepared pan.
In a small bowl combine 1 egg with 2 tablespoons of water. Brush all over the rolls. (optional)
Cover with plastic wrap and let rise again until doubled in size, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. You want them nicely risen. So be patient!
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375°F.
Bake the rolls for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing & Rhetoric - A Writing Curriculum Review and a Giveaway

Curriculum choosing and buying can be a very daunting task. So many subjects to cover, so many curriculum to browse though, and so many companies to consider. Today I would like to share with you a product and a company that I have come to hold in high regards. When it comes to teaching writing to the boys I was not sure which way to go, as I would not exactly consider myself a great writer. Then came along Writing and Rhetoric from Classical Academic Press. I heard about it when the second book in a series of twelve just released, and I was immediately intrigued. You see I homeschool classically, and writing is an integral part of it. Classical Academic Press puts out products geared towards classical homeschooling, so there you had  the first common ground. I was searching for something that would teach them what writing was, and guide them through the process incrementally, without bombarding them with pages and pages of writing right from the start. I found what...

Homeschooling - A Glimpse into How We Do it

2016 was a pretty skimpy blogging year for me. Ask me why, I am not sure I have an answer for you beside life happening and writing inspiration fading. With a new year upon us I will try to get back on the blogging scene and what best topic to start the year with than giving you a glimpse into what homeschooling looks like in our home with now two teenagers. In the past 4 years I have enjoyed participating in the Virtual Curriculum Fair hosted by Homechooling Hearts and Minds , so I am happy to start my year participating once more. For those who are not familiar with the Virtual Curiculum Fair, it is a month long series of posts, where over 20 homeschoolers share about their homeschool curriculum and how they homeschool. The weeks will go as follow: Week 1: See How We Learn/Welcome to the VCF Week 2: Playing with Words Week 3: Discovering Patterns Week 4: Exploring Our World Week 5: Seeking Beauty So how do we learn here? this is the topic of this ...

Homeschooling site

I have come across a few great homeschooling sites recently and thought I would share them. Budget Homeschool provides you with tips on how to homeschool on a budget, and has a large array of internet resources. Mathisfun is a great site for math ressources and games. Mathfactcafe is another free math ressource. M ath playground contains a large array of online math games, math problems and puzzles, as well as small tutorials Science with me has great animations, printables and information for teaching science. The best part it is free. Kidskreate is a site with lots of different crafts. They are categorized which make searching really easy Little giraffe is a great site for kindergarden with lots of ideas, projects and ressources. Lesson plan page is a sites with ideas for lesson on all the differents subjects by grades. Kinderart is a great sites for those who really like arts and cratfs. It contains a whole lot of activities. Have a great day, Joelle