Blueberry Lemon Coffee Cake
2/3 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
Grated rind of 2 lemons
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup milk
1/2 cup yogurt or sour cream
1 1/2 cups frozen or fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in eggs, 1 at a time.
- Beat in vanilla and lemon ring.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir milk with yogurt, and stir into eggs mixture alternately with flour mixture, making 3 additions of dry ingredients and 2 of wet.
- Spoon half the batter into a greased buntd pan or a 9x13 inch pan. Sprinkle with blueberries.
- Spoon the remaining batter over top, smoothing gently.
- Bake for about 60 min for bundt pan, and 45min for the 9x13 pan.
- Let cool 10 min. before removing from pan.