Skip to main content

Learning style-Auditory

I used to think that Zach was a visual learner, just because he was good at sight words, taught himself how to read and in general was getting a lot of information through things I had scattered all over the house. But in the past few months I came to realize that he is more of an auditory learner, with a bit of visual to it.

Recently, I came across this post about Characteristics of auditory learnes, that definitely confirmed my suspicion. Hop on over it is a great read!

Zach displays a whole lot of these characteristics like:
Hums or talks to themselves!!
They spell most of the time correctly
They can read pretty well.
Most are musically inclined
Good at grammar
Make up great stories!
They remember things they hear during lectures or conversations with others
Good vocabulary
They can carry on interesting conversations and get their ideas across very clearly
They like to talk lot!!
Their descriptions are usually long and they repeat things over and over!
Not good at reading silently
Hard for them to keep quiet for prolonged periods, they just gotta get up and talk!
It’s hard for auditory learners not to express themselves emotionally
Have poor comprehension when reading silently

This has definitely helped me understand him better and now the challenge is to further tailor the way I present materials to him to his learning style. Not always an easy task!

Have a great day,

Comments

JnJAF99 said…
Hi, Joelle, What an interesting thought about auditory learning. You asked about my DD, she has been taking violin lessons for 2 years. I posted a video from her Christmas recital on the blog if you want to see how she did in a large group.

Popular posts from this blog

Writing & Rhetoric - A Writing Curriculum Review and a Giveaway

Curriculum choosing and buying can be a very daunting task. So many subjects to cover, so many curriculum to browse though, and so many companies to consider. Today I would like to share with you a product and a company that I have come to hold in high regards. When it comes to teaching writing to the boys I was not sure which way to go, as I would not exactly consider myself a great writer. Then came along Writing and Rhetoric from Classical Academic Press. I heard about it when the second book in a series of twelve just released, and I was immediately intrigued. You see I homeschool classically, and writing is an integral part of it. Classical Academic Press puts out products geared towards classical homeschooling, so there you had  the first common ground. I was searching for something that would teach them what writing was, and guide them through the process incrementally, without bombarding them with pages and pages of writing right from the start. I found what...

Homeschooling - A Glimpse into How We Do it

2016 was a pretty skimpy blogging year for me. Ask me why, I am not sure I have an answer for you beside life happening and writing inspiration fading. With a new year upon us I will try to get back on the blogging scene and what best topic to start the year with than giving you a glimpse into what homeschooling looks like in our home with now two teenagers. In the past 4 years I have enjoyed participating in the Virtual Curriculum Fair hosted by Homechooling Hearts and Minds , so I am happy to start my year participating once more. For those who are not familiar with the Virtual Curiculum Fair, it is a month long series of posts, where over 20 homeschoolers share about their homeschool curriculum and how they homeschool. The weeks will go as follow: Week 1: See How We Learn/Welcome to the VCF Week 2: Playing with Words Week 3: Discovering Patterns Week 4: Exploring Our World Week 5: Seeking Beauty So how do we learn here? this is the topic of this ...

Homeschooling site

I have come across a few great homeschooling sites recently and thought I would share them. Budget Homeschool provides you with tips on how to homeschool on a budget, and has a large array of internet resources. Mathisfun is a great site for math ressources and games. Mathfactcafe is another free math ressource. M ath playground contains a large array of online math games, math problems and puzzles, as well as small tutorials Science with me has great animations, printables and information for teaching science. The best part it is free. Kidskreate is a site with lots of different crafts. They are categorized which make searching really easy Little giraffe is a great site for kindergarden with lots of ideas, projects and ressources. Lesson plan page is a sites with ideas for lesson on all the differents subjects by grades. Kinderart is a great sites for those who really like arts and cratfs. It contains a whole lot of activities. Have a great day, Joelle