Skip to main content

Weekly Wrap-up



I hope you all had a good and productive week. We are 3 weeks away from our Christmas break and doing well.



This week we were able to do all the things that we were supposed to. I have been trying to keep a cold off bay. Johann had a cough from last week, but is getting better. And dad is trying to keep it all away from him (getting sick with his illness is not recommended).

Here is what we did though:
Science, we moved on to species and Zach seems to be quite interrested.

Reading, we are continuing on with our BJU readers and narration. This week we did retelling of story and summary of ideas.

History
, we moved on to the times of the Pilgrims. Zach was very excited to realized that we had visited quite a few of the original colonies.

Math, we finished the Singapore 1A and we are both exited about that.
We did weight and measurements this week and Zach had fun. Here is Zach measuring the wall with his hand.










Here he is measuring the desk using a pen:

Here he is measuring his truck with blocks:

Spelling, I had held back in doing it, because of all the writing involved, but surprisingly on Monday Zach wanted to do spelling, so, we had a nice spelling session using a board and markers. I forgot to take a picture of that. Hopefully he will do it again next week and I will remember to take a pic.

This week we have moved on to a different topic in our FLL: Sentences. That`s exiting. We love FFL but sometimes it tends to get repetitive, which in itself is good but  . . . Anyway, this week was a bit more exiting.

Here he is putting some sentences in order


I had also forgotten to mention that since we came back from our vacation 2 months ago, we have started doing Daily Geography once a week, and Zach has been enjoying it very much.




As for Joho he has been doing his reading with dad as well as his regular math games, as shown here, and this week he also did some sight word matching, which you can see here.

Last week I mentioned that the boys have been into firefighting these days. Here is a pic of them rescuing a house (that they built).

Another thing that happened this week was on Monday when Johann was hanging on my arm as usual while I was getting a dish out of the fridge, and blam, on the floor it went with the freshly, as of the night before, baked apple crisp. I let out a shout, of course, but by God's grace, and only His grace, managed to keep it together. My husband reminded of how this would be a perfect chance for me to demonstrate forgiveness and so I did. This was one of those dishes that goes both in the oven and on the stove. Both my husband and I loooved it. Anyway, today, my husband brought home a cast iron dutch oven (we've never owned one before). Thank you hubby!



And that's it. For more weekly wrap-up hop on over at Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers.

Have a great day,

Comments

JamieLee said…
Looks like a great week with lots of hands-on learning.
Anonymous said…
Looks like you had a great week!


My daughter used to hate writing, too, but it was different if you used the white board. I became very creative, she used sidewalk chalk outside, her magna doodle and aqua doodle toys. I had her write her spelling words in playdough, tubs of sand, rice, etc. Now she doesn't mind writing.


Way to keep it together over the casserole dish (and the apple crisp). You deserve a Mommy-Award for that!

Popular posts from this blog

Writing & Rhetoric - A Writing Curriculum Review and a Giveaway

Curriculum choosing and buying can be a very daunting task. So many subjects to cover, so many curriculum to browse though, and so many companies to consider. Today I would like to share with you a product and a company that I have come to hold in high regards. When it comes to teaching writing to the boys I was not sure which way to go, as I would not exactly consider myself a great writer. Then came along Writing and Rhetoric from Classical Academic Press. I heard about it when the second book in a series of twelve just released, and I was immediately intrigued. You see I homeschool classically, and writing is an integral part of it. Classical Academic Press puts out products geared towards classical homeschooling, so there you had  the first common ground. I was searching for something that would teach them what writing was, and guide them through the process incrementally, without bombarding them with pages and pages of writing right from the start. I found what...

Homeschooling - A Glimpse into How We Do it

2016 was a pretty skimpy blogging year for me. Ask me why, I am not sure I have an answer for you beside life happening and writing inspiration fading. With a new year upon us I will try to get back on the blogging scene and what best topic to start the year with than giving you a glimpse into what homeschooling looks like in our home with now two teenagers. In the past 4 years I have enjoyed participating in the Virtual Curriculum Fair hosted by Homechooling Hearts and Minds , so I am happy to start my year participating once more. For those who are not familiar with the Virtual Curiculum Fair, it is a month long series of posts, where over 20 homeschoolers share about their homeschool curriculum and how they homeschool. The weeks will go as follow: Week 1: See How We Learn/Welcome to the VCF Week 2: Playing with Words Week 3: Discovering Patterns Week 4: Exploring Our World Week 5: Seeking Beauty So how do we learn here? this is the topic of this ...

Homeschooling site

I have come across a few great homeschooling sites recently and thought I would share them. Budget Homeschool provides you with tips on how to homeschool on a budget, and has a large array of internet resources. Mathisfun is a great site for math ressources and games. Mathfactcafe is another free math ressource. M ath playground contains a large array of online math games, math problems and puzzles, as well as small tutorials Science with me has great animations, printables and information for teaching science. The best part it is free. Kidskreate is a site with lots of different crafts. They are categorized which make searching really easy Little giraffe is a great site for kindergarden with lots of ideas, projects and ressources. Lesson plan page is a sites with ideas for lesson on all the differents subjects by grades. Kinderart is a great sites for those who really like arts and cratfs. It contains a whole lot of activities. Have a great day, Joelle