Skip to main content

Weekly wrap-up



Fridays seem to come by so quickly. The week just flies by and it feels like we have not done much. But, I guess we must have done something.


We have been following a schedule for the past 3 weeks so as to give structure to the boys and that has helped us keep things on going and on track.


One of the changes this week was to put his violin practice first thing after breakfast and before school. This has definitely minimized the complaining about having to quit his play to practice and has added regularity.  Practice have been a bit of a struggle for both of us for the past few weeks but that's for a totally separate post. Today was a good day though, which has a lot to do with having prayed before we started.


Math has been going well. I am very happy to see that Zach has been enjoying Math even though he is not very happy about all the work involved, but he really likes the concepts.


English is going along as well. We finished grade 1 of FLL and have moved on to grade 2.


For reading, Zach has been complaining a bit; he does not really enjoy fiction, so it is a bit of a struggle, but we are making our way through. e only do reading twice a week since he does read a whole lot of other stuff at other times. Narration is going well. I am still to actually add more variety, but that has to do with lack of organization on my part.


Science is on track as well, we learnt about amphibians, reptiles and fishes this week.



 History has been passed over for the past 2 weeks. Zach and I have been feeling pretty tired. No playdate this week either, instead, you won't believe it, but I set up my christmas tree. I know, I know it's early, but I totally love christmas trees. Next week, the baking will start.


We have also began to read Prince Caspian as our read aloud. We had read The lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe a few months ago.


Joho has been busy with playdoh, Super Mind shape puzzles, Math games, worksheets of all sorts.


So, that was our week in a nutshell. Sorry not many pictures this week.


For more weekly wrap-up, hop on over @Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers.


Have a great day,

Comments

Cheryl@SomewhatCrunchy said…
Yes, the weeks do fly by don't they? I CAN NOT BELIEVE you have your Christmas tree up! I don't know if we'll get one up this year or not. LOL


http://crispy-not-crunchy.blogspot.com/2009/11/weekly-wrap-up-week-hell-or-high-water.html
Anonymous said…
I love the Narnia books. I used FLL too with my older ones, it went well. Now we're using IEW focusing more on writing but, with my younger too I may go back to it. I like all the poetry they learned. Christmas tree does give the xmasy feeling. I look forward to crafts and baking.

Blessings,

Dusti

kimmelkids4.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Writing & Rhetoric - A Writing Curriculum Review and a Giveaway

Curriculum choosing and buying can be a very daunting task. So many subjects to cover, so many curriculum to browse though, and so many companies to consider. Today I would like to share with you a product and a company that I have come to hold in high regards. When it comes to teaching writing to the boys I was not sure which way to go, as I would not exactly consider myself a great writer. Then came along Writing and Rhetoric from Classical Academic Press. I heard about it when the second book in a series of twelve just released, and I was immediately intrigued. You see I homeschool classically, and writing is an integral part of it. Classical Academic Press puts out products geared towards classical homeschooling, so there you had  the first common ground. I was searching for something that would teach them what writing was, and guide them through the process incrementally, without bombarding them with pages and pages of writing right from the start. I found what...

Homeschooling - A Glimpse into How We Do it

2016 was a pretty skimpy blogging year for me. Ask me why, I am not sure I have an answer for you beside life happening and writing inspiration fading. With a new year upon us I will try to get back on the blogging scene and what best topic to start the year with than giving you a glimpse into what homeschooling looks like in our home with now two teenagers. In the past 4 years I have enjoyed participating in the Virtual Curriculum Fair hosted by Homechooling Hearts and Minds , so I am happy to start my year participating once more. For those who are not familiar with the Virtual Curiculum Fair, it is a month long series of posts, where over 20 homeschoolers share about their homeschool curriculum and how they homeschool. The weeks will go as follow: Week 1: See How We Learn/Welcome to the VCF Week 2: Playing with Words Week 3: Discovering Patterns Week 4: Exploring Our World Week 5: Seeking Beauty So how do we learn here? this is the topic of this ...

Homeschooling site

I have come across a few great homeschooling sites recently and thought I would share them. Budget Homeschool provides you with tips on how to homeschool on a budget, and has a large array of internet resources. Mathisfun is a great site for math ressources and games. Mathfactcafe is another free math ressource. M ath playground contains a large array of online math games, math problems and puzzles, as well as small tutorials Science with me has great animations, printables and information for teaching science. The best part it is free. Kidskreate is a site with lots of different crafts. They are categorized which make searching really easy Little giraffe is a great site for kindergarden with lots of ideas, projects and ressources. Lesson plan page is a sites with ideas for lesson on all the differents subjects by grades. Kinderart is a great sites for those who really like arts and cratfs. It contains a whole lot of activities. Have a great day, Joelle