Skip to main content

Try a New Recipe Tuesday


Meal is always search time for me. I like to cook and eat new things as often as I can, and eating out is not an option here. So what do I do? I Pinterest almost all my meals.

My husband likes a hearty, heavy meal for breakfast and it is often a challenge for me to come up with something new.

A few days ago my hubby had mentioned something about French Toast. Then I was not quite in the mood to think about French Toast especially since this is not one of my favorite things to eat, especially at breakfast (I really rather eat savory for breakfast).

Anyway, in my search this morning, I came across a French Toast recipe and I got inspired. This is what I came up with.

We all enjoyed it, even my youngest whose first look at it looked rather suspicious.

Ham and Eggs French Toast

Ingredient:

4 eggs for the egg mixture
Eggs for serving
Slices one ham for serving
6 slices of bread
1/2 - 1 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp honey
1/2 cup of milk
Maple syrup
Butter

Preparation:

Mix eggs, milk, cinnamon and honey together in a shallow dish.
Dip the bread slices in the mixture until well coated.
Melt butter in a frying pan and place the bread.
Toast the bread until nicely browned on both sides.

Garnishes
Cook 1 egg  over easy per person you are cooking for.
Fry 1 slice of ham for each person you are cooking for.

Assembly:
Place one slice of french toast on a plate
Pour maple syrup on top.
Place one slice of ham
Top with the egg.

Et voila, enjoy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing & Rhetoric - A Writing Curriculum Review and a Giveaway

Curriculum choosing and buying can be a very daunting task. So many subjects to cover, so many curriculum to browse though, and so many companies to consider. Today I would like to share with you a product and a company that I have come to hold in high regards. When it comes to teaching writing to the boys I was not sure which way to go, as I would not exactly consider myself a great writer. Then came along Writing and Rhetoric from Classical Academic Press. I heard about it when the second book in a series of twelve just released, and I was immediately intrigued. You see I homeschool classically, and writing is an integral part of it. Classical Academic Press puts out products geared towards classical homeschooling, so there you had  the first common ground. I was searching for something that would teach them what writing was, and guide them through the process incrementally, without bombarding them with pages and pages of writing right from the start. I found what...

Homeschooling - A Glimpse into How We Do it

2016 was a pretty skimpy blogging year for me. Ask me why, I am not sure I have an answer for you beside life happening and writing inspiration fading. With a new year upon us I will try to get back on the blogging scene and what best topic to start the year with than giving you a glimpse into what homeschooling looks like in our home with now two teenagers. In the past 4 years I have enjoyed participating in the Virtual Curriculum Fair hosted by Homechooling Hearts and Minds , so I am happy to start my year participating once more. For those who are not familiar with the Virtual Curiculum Fair, it is a month long series of posts, where over 20 homeschoolers share about their homeschool curriculum and how they homeschool. The weeks will go as follow: Week 1: See How We Learn/Welcome to the VCF Week 2: Playing with Words Week 3: Discovering Patterns Week 4: Exploring Our World Week 5: Seeking Beauty So how do we learn here? this is the topic of this ...

Homeschooling site

I have come across a few great homeschooling sites recently and thought I would share them. Budget Homeschool provides you with tips on how to homeschool on a budget, and has a large array of internet resources. Mathisfun is a great site for math ressources and games. Mathfactcafe is another free math ressource. M ath playground contains a large array of online math games, math problems and puzzles, as well as small tutorials Science with me has great animations, printables and information for teaching science. The best part it is free. Kidskreate is a site with lots of different crafts. They are categorized which make searching really easy Little giraffe is a great site for kindergarden with lots of ideas, projects and ressources. Lesson plan page is a sites with ideas for lesson on all the differents subjects by grades. Kinderart is a great sites for those who really like arts and cratfs. It contains a whole lot of activities. Have a great day, Joelle