Skip to main content

Random 5 on Friday

The Pebble PondIt is officially fall and school is in full swing here. We are looking forward for a week off in a couple of weeks, and for my parent's visit next week all the way from the Caribbean.

So what have we been up to in the last couple of weeks:

1. A trip to the Zoo: A last one for a while - as we are not renewing our membership because it has gotten so expensive.



2. Joho turned 8 today. Praise God for my high energy, sweet, fun and game loving boy. You certainly challenge and enrich my life.

3. We finished our study of WWWI and are now entering the roaring twenties in our History studies.

4. We just started IXL (thanks to the crew ), and I am liking it, as it will allow me to  fill up whatever gaps the boys have in Math. Did you know they have a Language Arts section too. It goes up to grade 4.

5.  I challenged the boys to sort their tons of lego pieces and they took it on (especially my very organized 8 year old). I still have to make labels for the different boxes but I love the result and so do the boys. So much easier to find stuff now and even to put away.


Comments

Beth said…
I hope the Lego organization works out well. My sons are always changing their system around and I just smile and remind myself they won't always be around to do that.
DaLynnRmc.com said…
Happy birthday to your boy! All our Legos are just in one big bucket. LOL Hadn't thought about trying to sort those! That might be one step to far in my house. :) Great post, thanks for sharing!

Popular posts from this blog

Writing & Rhetoric - A Writing Curriculum Review and a Giveaway

Curriculum choosing and buying can be a very daunting task. So many subjects to cover, so many curriculum to browse though, and so many companies to consider. Today I would like to share with you a product and a company that I have come to hold in high regards. When it comes to teaching writing to the boys I was not sure which way to go, as I would not exactly consider myself a great writer. Then came along Writing and Rhetoric from Classical Academic Press. I heard about it when the second book in a series of twelve just released, and I was immediately intrigued. You see I homeschool classically, and writing is an integral part of it. Classical Academic Press puts out products geared towards classical homeschooling, so there you had  the first common ground. I was searching for something that would teach them what writing was, and guide them through the process incrementally, without bombarding them with pages and pages of writing right from the start. I found what...

Homeschooling - A Glimpse into How We Do it

2016 was a pretty skimpy blogging year for me. Ask me why, I am not sure I have an answer for you beside life happening and writing inspiration fading. With a new year upon us I will try to get back on the blogging scene and what best topic to start the year with than giving you a glimpse into what homeschooling looks like in our home with now two teenagers. In the past 4 years I have enjoyed participating in the Virtual Curriculum Fair hosted by Homechooling Hearts and Minds , so I am happy to start my year participating once more. For those who are not familiar with the Virtual Curiculum Fair, it is a month long series of posts, where over 20 homeschoolers share about their homeschool curriculum and how they homeschool. The weeks will go as follow: Week 1: See How We Learn/Welcome to the VCF Week 2: Playing with Words Week 3: Discovering Patterns Week 4: Exploring Our World Week 5: Seeking Beauty So how do we learn here? this is the topic of this ...

Homeschooling site

I have come across a few great homeschooling sites recently and thought I would share them. Budget Homeschool provides you with tips on how to homeschool on a budget, and has a large array of internet resources. Mathisfun is a great site for math ressources and games. Mathfactcafe is another free math ressource. M ath playground contains a large array of online math games, math problems and puzzles, as well as small tutorials Science with me has great animations, printables and information for teaching science. The best part it is free. Kidskreate is a site with lots of different crafts. They are categorized which make searching really easy Little giraffe is a great site for kindergarden with lots of ideas, projects and ressources. Lesson plan page is a sites with ideas for lesson on all the differents subjects by grades. Kinderart is a great sites for those who really like arts and cratfs. It contains a whole lot of activities. Have a great day, Joelle