Skip to main content

Try a New Recipe Tuesday


My family loves muffins. I am not a big fan of muffins, but I do enjoy one once in a while. My favorites are banana muffins. Today I gave a try to a new banana muffin recipe I found on Pinterest and it was a big hit here, so I thought I would share the recipe. I believe it originates from All Recipes.

Banana Muffins

Ingredients

1 1/2 cup of flour
1 Teaspoon baking soda
1 Teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large bananas
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup butter melted

Preparation:

1. Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together.
2. In a large bowl mix together mashed bananas, sugar, egg and butter.
3. Add flour mixture to banana mixture, folding and mixing until incorporated.
4. Pour in muffin pan and bake for 12-15 min @ 350 for regular size muffins.

Optional:

These go very well with chocolate chips or dried cranberries added to the batter, which is what I did.

Enjoy!

Here is a picture of the lonely one left when I remembered to take a picture.


Comments

Lisa Boyle said…
I have made banana bread, but not muffins. These sound good and we just happen to have some ripe bananas. I know my kids will love them! Thanks for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday." I hope you will be able to join us again this week. http://our4kiddos.blogspot.com/2013/10/try-new-tuesday-october-29.html

Popular posts from this blog

Writing & Rhetoric - A Writing Curriculum Review and a Giveaway

Curriculum choosing and buying can be a very daunting task. So many subjects to cover, so many curriculum to browse though, and so many companies to consider. Today I would like to share with you a product and a company that I have come to hold in high regards. When it comes to teaching writing to the boys I was not sure which way to go, as I would not exactly consider myself a great writer. Then came along Writing and Rhetoric from Classical Academic Press. I heard about it when the second book in a series of twelve just released, and I was immediately intrigued. You see I homeschool classically, and writing is an integral part of it. Classical Academic Press puts out products geared towards classical homeschooling, so there you had  the first common ground. I was searching for something that would teach them what writing was, and guide them through the process incrementally, without bombarding them with pages and pages of writing right from the start. I found what...

Homeschooling - A Glimpse into How We Do it

2016 was a pretty skimpy blogging year for me. Ask me why, I am not sure I have an answer for you beside life happening and writing inspiration fading. With a new year upon us I will try to get back on the blogging scene and what best topic to start the year with than giving you a glimpse into what homeschooling looks like in our home with now two teenagers. In the past 4 years I have enjoyed participating in the Virtual Curriculum Fair hosted by Homechooling Hearts and Minds , so I am happy to start my year participating once more. For those who are not familiar with the Virtual Curiculum Fair, it is a month long series of posts, where over 20 homeschoolers share about their homeschool curriculum and how they homeschool. The weeks will go as follow: Week 1: See How We Learn/Welcome to the VCF Week 2: Playing with Words Week 3: Discovering Patterns Week 4: Exploring Our World Week 5: Seeking Beauty So how do we learn here? this is the topic of this ...

Homeschooling site

I have come across a few great homeschooling sites recently and thought I would share them. Budget Homeschool provides you with tips on how to homeschool on a budget, and has a large array of internet resources. Mathisfun is a great site for math ressources and games. Mathfactcafe is another free math ressource. M ath playground contains a large array of online math games, math problems and puzzles, as well as small tutorials Science with me has great animations, printables and information for teaching science. The best part it is free. Kidskreate is a site with lots of different crafts. They are categorized which make searching really easy Little giraffe is a great site for kindergarden with lots of ideas, projects and ressources. Lesson plan page is a sites with ideas for lesson on all the differents subjects by grades. Kinderart is a great sites for those who really like arts and cratfs. It contains a whole lot of activities. Have a great day, Joelle